Monday, January 23, 2012

The Revolutionary War Record for John Crouch


Below is a report on the Revolutionary War activities for John Crouch (son of John Crouch & Sarah; b.1756 VA) as found in his Revolutionary War Pension Application file at the National Archives. 


 His brother, (our ancestor) Jesse Crouch, also submitted a request but but his application for a Revolutionary war pension (No. R2531) was rejected.

Source: NARA's Revolutionary War Pension & Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files

2 comments:

Susan Clark said...

I couldn't figure out why this name seemed so familiar to me. Until I saw the Washington County, TN connection! That sent me off to see how many Crouches show up in my database. Alas, only one. An unknown Mr. Crouch who was the first husband of my 3rd great-grandfather's third wife. Not enough to claim kinship...

Lianne said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I've awarded you the Liebster Blog award! See the post on my blog for more details: http://storiesofacanadianfamily.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-got-award.html

~Lianne