Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gregory Kolbusz - Found!


A lot like Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego - I knew Gregory Kolbusz had to be somewhere in the United States between the years of his immigration in 1900 and his death in 1938.  It was just a matter of finding him. This evening part of mystery was solved along with a bonus find of  learning what happened to his daughter, Maryanne.  The 1930 U.S. Federal census gives us her husband &  married name along with her complete family - and there, listed as father in law, is Gregory Kolbus.  All residing in Perth Amboy, New Jersey.

(click image to read)

1 comment:

Patti said...

Awesome! I know how exciting it is to make discoveries like that. I am currently on the trail of a couple mysteries in my tree, and I am hopeful of finding an answer, like you did.

By the way, I deleted my "ancestry" blog, as I have living family members who were/are very unsettled with the internet. They didn't want anything about them (pictures, info, etc.) posted, so I just deleted the blog and am doing my writings in my Word files. I do still have my classic film blog.

Happy new year,
Patti