Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Vital Signs - Image Search Results


The image to the right is a copy of the death cert for one of our ancestors:

Stephen Welcheck b. 14 Sept 1865 Bohemia d. 8 Feb 1941 Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio

I located this image on the FamilySearch Record Search pilot site (see link below). Included on the webpage along with an image of the original document is a full transcription. I like to read how documents are transcribed by different individuals - especially the hard to read ones.
Although I already have a copy of this particular death certificate, I was interested in this transcription because I found it very hard to read his mother's maiden name. I had interpreted it as Katrina Plumpky. Here the transcriber read it as Katrina Plumphy. Both of these versions do not google well as surnames and, staring at the cryptic handwriting, another thought lead me to thinking her name might actually be Plumsky. This googles as a viable surname so I will note it in my records and try researching along those lines.

Give the link below a try and see what family records you can uncover - Enjoy!

No comments: