Saturday, January 29, 2011

Finding St. John in Brooklyn, NY


I had thought I found enough information on the family of Alfred Adelard & Rosabel (Cassingham) St.John to firmly establish that they resided in Taftville, Connecticut then later, permanently in nearby New Bedford, Massachusetts.  So imagine my surprise when I came across his WWI draft registration card and found a NY city address.
 Apparently they were there for a very short time, as I have them in New Bedford in 1917 (city directory) and again in the 1920 census.  Although, at this point husband and wife are separated... maybe NY didn't go so well.
But, as shown below in his WWI draft registration card, in Sept 1918, they resided at 265 Clarkson Ave in Kings, NY, and Alfred A. St. John worked for the Atlantic, Gulf & Pacific Co. as a machinist.

~ ~ ~

No comments: