Friday, April 24, 2009

Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada


Gare, Hôtel Grand Union, bureau de poste et Edifice Tourigny en 1892


Today I thought I'd try Randy Seaver's Easter Egg Hunt idea ... http://www.geneamusings.com/2009/04/my-genealogy-easter-egg-hunt.html


The town I chose was Victoriaville, Canada; the birthplace of Marie Anne Turgeon shown in http://tangledtrees.blogspot.com/2009/04/nearly-wordless-wednesday-lovely-couple.html

I have not looked into this place at all so this would be new...

Okay - what I quickly learned is that Victoriaville is located in Quebec & I had better brush up on my French because the local genealogy society website for that area is in French: Société d'histoire et de généalogiede Victoriaville. It will take a little slow & persistant work to eke out some family information from there but for now I am enjoying the 'album photos' on their website. Here are just a few:
Les débuts de l'éducation à Ste-Victoire.


Moulin à scie et usine électrique d’Achille Gagnon 1897.

L’Union des Cantons de l’Est au début du siècledernier.


Procession de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste de 1897. Au piedde l’hôtel Prince of Wales.

No comments: