Saturday, March 6, 2010

Photo Restoration Brings out the Best

This is a photo of Ignatz and Maria Kollain taken c.1920's on their farm in Jamesburg, New Jersey.

 

I recently submitted it to 399Retouch to see what could be done to improve the clarity. They are easy to work with, provide prompt service and great communication.
Below is the restored photo.  I love that we can now more clearly see the features of our G-grandparents faces, and I am very pleased with the results. Thank you Miles!


Ignatz John Kollain b. 23 June 1867 in Slovanisck, Brod, Austria-Hungary; son of Ignatius John Kollain and Barbara Kissinger
He married Maria Pergel Bergner c.1887 
They immigrated to the United States in Oct 1909 on the SS Kroonland.

4 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

Wow, what a difference. Thanks for the tip; I'm going to have to check 399Retouch out.

Joan said...

Ditto, Greta's remark. I have a couple of old pictures that I nearly sob over -- trying to bring clarity to the fuzzy fog. Thanks for the great tip --- and showing us how great your pics came out.

Barbara Poole said...

My thoughts are like Greta's and Joan's. What amazing work that company did. I am also going to check out 399Retouch. Thank you for posting the photo.

Kristen Kollien said...

These are my relatives