Thursday, March 25, 2010

Genealogical Acts of Kindness - Church Marriage Record Shared

In hopes of discovery more about the origins of our Kolbusz ancestors, I sent a query via email to St. Stephen's Church - below is the scanned record I just recieved:


Translation provided by the Parish Secretery: 
Wojciech Kolbusz (33 years old) & Apolonia Gobur (25years old).
They were married on February 6, 1893, and were eleventh couple to be married at St. Stephen’s.
He was born in Losnica – Galicja and she was born in Luknorowo – Galicja (her parents: Piotr Gobur and Anna Zradzionka.

 I am always so grateful for Acts of Genealogical Kindness! 

1 comment:

alwierzba said...

The record transcription looks accurate. But, I haven't been able to find any information on the two villages listed on the document. I've searched through the Galician Gazetteer and haven't either village: http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/FHSS&CISOPTR=36852

I wonder if the villages were misspelled?

Best Regards,
Al