Saturday, December 4, 2010

Stoneham - Finding Their Origin

   
One of the benefits of using Rootsweb WorldConnect is the little green leaf icon that appears when a possible match can be made to a person on Ancestry.com

When I just have a few moments to spare, I like to go the my tree which is uploaded to the WorldConnect project and click on various names to see if the little leaf can point me to something new that I hadn't yet searched.

Today was my lucky search day as I decided to randomly pick Stoneham from my surname index.
Julia Stoneham who married Narcisse Lambert on 22 Apr 1845 in St-David-D'Yamaska, Quebec, is our ancestor.
I clicked on her father, Patrick Stoneham, and got the following display of my uploaded tree information:


You can see the shaded area with the happy green leaf above.
By clicking on that link I am taken directly to the record transcription in Ancestry.com:


Great!  I now have a place of birth:  Ireland
And on Ancestry I can view the original record to confirm the transcription plus glean other information from the census including occupation of cultivateur (farmer) :


Another blank filled-in and our second ancestral connection to Ireland was discovered!
~ ~ ~

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I like how you showed the searches and the findings.

Kathy Reed said...

I wanted to thank you for finding your way to my blog, Jones Family Matters. The benefit is that it lead me to yours.
Kathy

Barbara Poole said...

I love how you detailed every step, and had pictures to boot. Very nice presentation. Thanks for this.